Shade All-Natural Sunscreen is an effective, non-Nano, broad spectrum mineral sunscreen which sits on the skin reflecting UV light. At an ideal SPF25, with only 4 ingredients to moisturise and protect skin from the broadest spectrum of damaging UVA and UVB rays, Shade has been developed to keep our skin naturally healthy whilst protecting from rays that can burn and cause sun damage. Shade is a natural alternative to chemical sunscreens. Shade does not contain any burn inhibitors - if you begin to feel a burn, this is your skin's way of telling you you have had too much sun! Please listen to your body, and cover up or seek shelter from the sun. Understanding SPF: SPF25 means that you have 96% protection against UVB for approximately 25 times longer than it would take you to burn if you had no sun protection under the same conditions. Topping up any sunscreen will only ensure you have coverage, but will not prolong the time you can spend in the sun - please remember that 4% of rays are still reaching your skin, and you will need to cover up or seek shelter from the sun if you begin to feel your skin burning from prolonged exposure. Application: You should apply approximately 28 grams to cover a full adult body (the equivalent volume of a shot glass) or about 1/3 of a 5ml teaspoon to cover your face. If you use half of what's needed, you are effectively square-rooting the SPF - therefore you will only get SPF5 effectively! If you are a larger stature, you'll need more. Apply an ample coat of sunscreen to all exposed skin, rub in well to reduce the whitening effect then, ideally, to ensure full and even coverage, let this application absorb then reapply - you want an undercoat then a top coat. Shade is NOT a sunblock, and it is NOT tested for waterproof efficacy. Please bear this in mind when using Shade, and reapply often. If you are unhappy with the white sheen, please remember that it is this white zinc oxide sheen that is helping to keep you safe!
- This listing is for 100mll! Tested to European ISO Standards for broad spectrum effectiveness (UVA & UVB) and SPF Verification
- Suitable for all skin types of all ages, does not irritate sensitive skin, can be used by people with skin allergies, is soothing, nourishing and moisturising.
- No chemicals at all - no parabens, alcohol, lanolin, methylchloroisothiazolinine, methylisothiazolinine, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, phthalates, artifical perfumes, petrochemicals or colourants.
- Non-Nano Zinc Oxide used which sits as a physical barrier to the sun, relecting it from the skin's surface. Zinc Oxide is the most effective broad spectrum sun protection you can get, yet it is also the safest.
- Only 4 natural, skin-nourishing ingredients, nothing more, nothing less. Organic Virgin Coconut oil, Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Unrefined Beeswax and non-nano cosmetic grade zinc oxide only!